The Truth About Emanuel
Emanuel, an acerbic but sensitive teen, lives with her father and stepmother. She’s on the verge of another birthday—a day she has never cared for since her mother died giving birth to her—when the mysterious Linda, a young and hip mother, moves in next door. Intrigued by Linda’s striking resemblance to her late mother, Emanuel begins to babysit for Linda’s newborn daughter. As Emanuel and Linda spend more time together, they develop a bond that becomes deeply entwined in a surprising secret Linda harbors.
Pisces Rising Productions
Rooks Nest Entertainment
Producciones A Ciegas
Mott Street Pictures
- Kaya Scodelario as Emanuel
- Jessica Biel as Linda
- Alfred Molina as Dennis
- Aneurin Barnard as Claude
- Frances O'Connor as Janice
The move was filmed in Los Angelas, California, USA.
When the film was first announced, it was rumored that Rooney Mara and Rachel Weisz were cast as Emanuel and Linda.
Premiered at the Sundance Film Festival and Sundance London in 2013.
The first official film project I got to work on. I designed the Sundance London poster along with the website.
- Ashland Independent Film Award – Best Acting Ensemble: Feature (Won)
- Ashland Independent Film Award – Juried Best Acting Ensemble: Feature (Won)
- Ashland Independent Film Festival – Gerald Hirschfeld A.S.C. Cinematography Award, Polly Morgan (Won)
- Brooklyn Film Festival – Best Cinematography, Polly Morgan (Won)
- LA Femme Film Festival – Best Feature Director, Francesca Gregorini (Won)
- LA Femme Film Festival – LA Femme Filmmaker Award, Francesca Gregorini (Won)
- Sundance Film Festival – Grand Jury Prize ‘Dramatic’ Film (Nominated)